Released September 25, 2015. Model A1688/A1633. Repair of this device is similar to previous generations, requiring screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 16, 32, 64, or 128 GB / Silver, Gold, Space Gray, or Rose Gold options.

LCD won't come on after screen repair! Help!

Alright guys. Let me start off by saying I've been repairing all kinds of mobile devices for 3 years. I was off work yesterday and had one of my co-workers (who has about 6 months XP) was doing a standard Digi/LCD replacement for a white IPhone 6s. He tells me that he fixed it, sealed it up, and charged her. The customer left, said she answered a phone call, and the screen evidently blacked out and she had to power down the phone to end the call. She comes back here and my tech tries to figure out whats going on and puts another screen on there.... nothing. Thats where we are now. I've played with it and put ANOTHER new screen on it, to no avail. You can hear the the phone chime when you plug a charger in, and vibrates when plugged in and on boot up but there is no sign of the LCD. Any suggestions?

I would say that would be a proximity sensor issue on the front camera ribbon connector assembly but seeing as the phone does not show any display as of now that might not be the case.

I'm quite puzzled as to what would cause this as a phone going this bad after replacing the screen. Did your co-worker that replaced the screen always test before and after they put on the screen?

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

It's quite possible the backlight on the LCD went out. If you power down the phone, turn it on, hold it under a bright light and see a faint Apple logo, the backlight went out. If that's the case, you'll need to order another display. Best of luck!

Andrew McCreary will be eternally grateful.