Is Rev 2 logic board more reliable than the old one?

I just had my logic board replaced due to the nvidia graphics recall. I received a 661-4955 Revision 2 logic board. I was wondering if this new logic board is susceptible to the same flaw as the original recalled logic boards.

Board revision means nothing in many cases. The best way to tell is the GPU number.

The The G84-600-A2 and G86-601-A2 are bad and fail. The G84-603-A2 and newer are good and do not fail.

You have to take the machine apart and look at the chip itself. There is no way to check it with software. Even if the chip is good, I would still caution you to baby the laptop and not stress it too much. Apple is not fixing these anymore, so if they fail they are as good as dead as far as Apple is concerned.

+ agreed

Thank you for response. Can you forward me somewhere that differentiates the old one and the Rev2? Is it the same exact board or do they differ in any way, physically or otherwise? I've Googled around but have not hit on the topic.

Rommel will be eternally grateful.