How Do I Straighten The Chassis / Housing on an iPhone 6?

Hello world,

I am posting this to ask how to professionally straighten out an iphone 6 or 6 plus. I have done a few by hand/bending them over benches and even using rolling pins... but it never really turns out perfect. The defects are usually a bulge next to the volume and/or a slightly almost unnoticeable wobbly frame.

What is the technique used to straighten the iphones perfectly/professionally?

Thanks for reading.

Most Helpful Answer

I just order a new chassis and rebuild it from scratch. Can't get more perfect than brand new

If its severely bent I replace the chassis, but if its a slight bend its almost a waste to do that?...

Louis Rossmann has a video on how how he fixes an iphone 5 chassis without special tools like the gtool. Tools like the gtool are a waste of money, you can do everything they do without it. Also, I would recommend taking out all the parts before straightening the chassis unless you are a pro like Louis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zrnnbgv...

Yes I am good with moulding corners and such, but bent frames is another level, I'd say.

Yes, if the whole frame is bent(e.g. bendgate) then replace the whole thing.

Why are people telling me to replace the chassis when it would be cheaper to have a professional technique to just straighten it? Ive seen a tool that basically clamps and over bends it to straighten, but are there alternative options?

I don't know if this is the professional way to unbend a phone, but I used a wooden cutting board and rolling pin! the wood was hard enough to bend the chassis, but soft enough to disperse pressure evenly!

it's very easy actually. I followed all the directions from this youtube video, now my phone is perfectly straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSsh-kiQ...

I've been searching and I'm still unsure about all this... yes the bending works with simple middle bends and iPhone 5's . But the iPhone 6 with tiny micro warps not so sure. I'm talking corners and multiple bends and twists. I'm amazed there is no tool that clamps the whole frame into a solid mould. I'm actually thinking i might make myself one after getting so many new frames with slight defects!

ZsTech will be eternally grateful.