Will AT&T work on Straight talk phone

Does anyone know if AT&T will work on a Straight talk sold iPhone 5S? Straight talk is a MVNO of AT&T and I can put a AT&T sim in it without the phone rejecting it but any other SIMS and it will say it isn't supported under the activation policy. I don't use AT&T so I don't have an active AT&T sim to test cellular. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it and it worked?

If it is the same company as AT&T, it should work. If it is simply owned by AT&T or a partner, it will probably not work unless you unlock the phone. Unlocking it can be done via Apple, some websites online and the original provider.

yeah Straight talk will work on AT&T phone but any other network will require the phone to be unlocked before using it

I was wondering if I bought a straight talk iphone would my AT&T sim work in the phone?

Most Helpful Answer

If you buy the iPhone 5S from Walmart it will be locked to Straight Talk. There is a reason that they were offering those phones at a discounted price, at least at that time. You get them cheaper because you can only use them on Straight Talk. This phone would have to be unlocked before it could be used on another network. No matter what the person commenting before stated, not all phones can be unlocked. Look at it this way. You can go from AT&T or Verizon to Straight Talk. But if you have a straight talk phone you can't go the other direction.

I suggest doing some more research. Go to several sites read several articles. Don't trust what people might leave as a comment. Most people are just guessing, or just repeating what they have been told from someone else.

I own a Straight Talk 5S, and it will not work with AT&T. I have an iPhone 7 from AT&T and it works on S.T. because I've tried it.

You won't see any Sim card on a CDMA network before 4G speed's were offered. After Verizon (Altell), and Sprint started offering 4G speed's all phones that they sold come with a Sim card port. That's why Verizon and AT&T were able to use the same phone starting with the iphone 5.

Anyway like I said do your research. Read from some tech sites. Don't even take my word for it. I've never commented on any site before. The reason I did this time was because all the answers above are wrong. Those people will disagree with me I'm quite sure, but maybe this posting will help somebody in the future.

How can i unlock my straight talk iPhone 5s to work with my at&t sim card @mpduncan

I recently purchased a ZTE zmax duo from an individual that had purchased and used the phone with Straight Talk for about 3 months and then terminated the service. I placed my ATT sim into new phone and it wouldn't recognize it so I put it back into the phone I took it from, the one that I had been using everyday and it kept giving me the same No Sim errors. Now I have 2 phones and I can't make a call from either. I borrowed a phone and called ATT and they were unable to help me on phone. Of course it was nearly midnight so I had no choice but to wait until the next day to carry to ATT Store. They said ZTE was locked to Straight Talk. I called ST and they inform me they wouldn't unlock phone until after 12 months of service with them. I had always thought Straight Talk and ATT were "interchangeable" but found out differently.

You cannot use a Straight Talk locked phone on AT&T. However, you can use the Straight Talk SIM card (the one that says for AT&T) in an AT&T locked phone. There are 3 different type of Straight Talk SIM cards. One for T-Mobile phones, One for AT&T phones, and one for Verizon phones. Make sure you are using the correct one.

I have a straight talk phone now can I re In it in to a AT&T phone and if so how do I go about doing it

I have a straight talk phone I would like to turn it in to a AT&T phone if i can . help please if any one knows anything about a LG

Yes it will work on Straight Talk if it's an unlocked phone. This really only applies to iPhone 4 when Verizon did not have a Sim Card but AT&T did. Every model after that has a sim card, so all you need to do is go to this website...

http://get.straighttalk.com/bring-your-o...

Here you order your sim card for whatever iPhone you own (click "Check Compatibility"); select what service you had before (for me, it was AT&T); order your sim card; once it arrives, order you new service or transfer existing service via over the phone or Staight Talk rep at Wal-mart.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Even though you can select different carries when checking compatibility, when ordering the sim card, this print is shown on the website. I only can tell you my experience was easy as I was an AT&T costumer before. Good Luck

Straight talk SIM Card will only work with an AT&T or T-mobile compatible or unlocked GSM phone. To activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan Card for activation. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices. Blackberrys and branded TracFone, SafeLink, NET10 or Straight Talk phones will not work with this program. In order for your phone‘s data services to work, you must update your APN data settings, also called the Access Point Name. SIM Card and Service Plan are not refundable.

CAB will be eternally grateful.