Emerson 7" tablet will not power on or charge.

My Emerson em743, which is a tablet with a 7" screen, will not power on nor will it charge.

Can I save this device or do I just trash it?

Although I Just "Bricked" Mine after an "Update", I get an OS load fail, Recovery I am not "mounting" anything found (Em743BK 8gig 7in 1.3gpu) and Looking for solutions... So I stumbled here looking at "Cracked Screen Models" as parts...

In My Opinion: This tablet was "fine" for the money, (Paid $29 at Big lots, came with "Case and Keyboard" too...) I am Looking at Fixing it, so that should tell you something...

Tips Upon "No Charge" anymore... On the "Mini" end of cable I find that by simply "Biting the steal of the Connector end" makes a tighter fit and many cords this "Looseness" or "Play" is the Issue, as a loose fit at the connection point (eventually) also by using a "Wall Charger" using AC power, & not connected to PC (really DEAD devices, tablets, & phones, anything charging a Li-ion battery) A PC can't Charge beyond a Certain point of "Dead" and Wall charger will ONLY be what can charge it up again. Before you toss I will pay shipping and pay $10 for yours "Sight Unseen"?

@tammyb Saving a device is always an option. Lets start by checking the charging port. look inside the port for dust and or dirt . clean it with either a toothpick or something plastic , don't use a metal pic this will damage the port. Try using another method of charging use a different cord or connect to a computer instead of the charger. Still no Joy? lets move to inspecting the port itself. Is it loose can you move the port ? It may have broken free from the motherboard. If this has happened you will need to open the tablet and re-solder the connection. Hope this helps

Charging port is clean and tight. Tried a different charger but still no luck.

Tammy Byrd will be eternally grateful.