A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

PS4 turns off randomly, must remove plug to turn back on.

For a few months now my PS4 turns off randomly while I'm playing. Sometimes it turns off after 10mins and sometimes after a few hours. When it does turn off, I have to take the plug out and put it back in twice before I can turn it on again (sometimes I do this with the plug in order to turn it on in the first place).

I have had this PS4 for a year and a half with no problems. I have called Sony and they have no idea what the cause is.

Could it be a power supply issue? Power cable?

I appreciate any help!

This is not a power supply problem. There are several things that may be causing your problem and none of them are good or easy to fix. Sony knows exactly what the cause is and they will do nothing to help you. The cause is either from faulty solder joints between the APU and motherboard (many times caused by oxidized solder pads on the APU) or one of the other components on the motherboard. Sometimes it's a RAM chip causing the problem sometimes it's something else.

I'm sorry to bring you the bad news.

Thank you for your answer, is this a rare problem because I can hardly find anyone with the exact same problem as me? Also, do those things count as a manufacturers fault?

For me it is not rare...I see it all the time in my business. For the random PS4 owner it's probably not common.

Yes, I see it as a manufacturing defect.

So I spoke to the retailer, they said if I can get any professional to say its a manufacturing fault then I can get a free replacement. Any advice?

Who do they consider a "professional"? Who is the retailer. For some reason I don't believe them.

They said any small or large business that can inspect the playstation console. The retailer is Argos.

you might have to get it fixed or buy a new cable

Any idea what could be causing the problem?

like you said its probably a power supply issue

MTEKZ will be eternally grateful.