Battery identifying number replacement

I've dropped my iPhone 5S and only the screen was damaged.

I took it to a shop to get it fix. During the day they've emailed me that to fix it they would have to change the body too because the screen doesn't fit the frame anymore but frankly it was only scratched. Now the battery drains out really quickly. The phone was only a few month old and before that the battery was working really well. Is it possible that they took advantage of my lack of knowledge and rip me off replacing the battery? Would they be a way for me to know if the original battery has been replaced? Many thanks

Thank you, that's really helpfull.

Was the screen pushing up from the left where you can see the glass separating from the front display plastic frame?

Anyway when I have clients that come in with bent iPad / iPhone frames in the corner I use a re bending tool to fix all the corners so the screens fit in, I'm not sure why not many phone repair shops do this as they end up saving money easily without needing to buy new housing.

Changing housings for iPhones and iPads are quite a big job and time consuming.

How quick is really quickly?

If the iPhone 5s housing was only scratched and no signs of being dented in at the corners then the screen should have fitted fine. As for the battery I don't really know if they lied to you or not.

If so then it's probably the battery expanding. Did they show you the expanded battery to prove it to you?

Dear Ben,

Thank you so much for you reply it really helps. Yes the screen was pushing slightly up but on the top right handside. I used to not need to charge my battery for 2 days and now it gets empty in a morning without using it differently than before. I think I'm going to go back to the shop to get back my old frame and see if there is a problem with a connection somewhere.

Many many thanks for your message.

@cttt "rip me off replacing the battery?" very unlikely. Let's face it, the batteries are a "dime a dozen" and really not worth exchanging it like that. Your issue is most likely related to other things. Unless you've marked the battery prior to the repair, there is no way of checking it.

Chloe Thida will be eternally grateful.