Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Displaying error sign on white screen

What does it mean that my screen is white with a circle with a line through it in middle?

Restarting with recovery method did not work.

Trying to boot from a system that is to high or to low for your machine. What machine are you running and what system?

I have a MacBook Pro 2009/2010 running with all updates. I believe using OSX. I can't get on there to say for sure.

To start your computer from Recovery, restart your Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup. Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window with the options listed

Patricia Gress will be eternally grateful.