2.3L 4cyl or 3.0L V6, 6th Generation

Remove rear seat pillar to access child lock

Rear driver side door is jammed and child safety lock is engaged. I need to remove the "bolster" or "pillar" adjacent to the door. I removed the lower bolt but can't budge the two clips. I can't even budge the interior door panel without doing so. I know I can do this myself!

Thanks,

Pretty and pretty capable woman with no pink tools

I did it!!!

With the help of YouTube videos, I was able to remove the inner door panel and rear seats obstructing this part of the project.

Locating an existing hole, I 1/2" paddle bit drilled it through and beyond the outer panel. Now I could access the offending child safety lock. Using a bent shish-ka-bob skewer, I fished and fished with no luck. Walked away for an hour.

Regaining my confidence, I tried again. No luck. So I very carefully tried with a finger, mindful of the freshly cut metal. Pop! The child lock is located just above that pre-drilled hole... door opened from the inside. Still not from the outside, but that's for another day.

If I can do it, so can you!!!

Yeahhhhhh, u go girl.

Laura Boehmke will be eternally grateful.