Repair guides and support for top and front loading Whirlpool brand washers.

Why does my laundry come out warm when I choose cold water

When I use my whirlpool washer model W10775514a set it to wash cold, when the wash is done, I open the door and the wash is Warm. I assumed the rinse cycle would also use cold water. What's happening, or how can I set the machine to rinse with cold water too?

is the pipe fixed to the cold or hot feed at the back

The temperature of the laundry is affected by the temperature outside because that affects the temperature of the cold water entering the washing machine. Therefore washed laundry should feel colder in winter. (When laundry feels colder it also feels wetter but that’s not necessarily the case). In cold spells the rinsing water can be very cold indeed.

This can be caused when the hot and cold fill hoses are connected the wrong way round or when the hoses are connected correctly, but due to a plumbing error the hot tap is actually delivering cold water and the cold tap is delivering hot.

This can be caused by the plumber (or DIY plumber) wrongly identifying the hot and cold water pipes, or incorrectly labelling the taps by fitting the red and blue levers or indicators on the wrong taps.

Thank you! It is not the water from the pipe, but think it may be the hot weather we've been having.

jen beauj will be eternally grateful.