Launched in June 2014, the DreamTab HD8 is a children's Android tablet created by Nabi and DreamWorks .

it starts to boot but never gets to unlock screen.

never loads to unlock screen. gets stuck in between booting up and unlock. how can i fix it

This problem started almost immediately after we purchased it. We had to press the power button for a LONG time at first. Now it NEVER starts up even after the power is on. We have had it for well over a year. Thought the power buttom problem would be fleeting, but should have returned it...

I'm having this same problem

I have 2 dreamtabs, both are model IN08A. One tablet works fine, the second one shuts off while trying to start. I took the battery from my working dreamtab just to test it on the one that would not start up, which resolved the shutdown issue. If you have already tried a factory reset and it still won't work, you should try replacing the battery. There are 2 models of the dreamtab, (IN08A) (NV08B). It is important to make sure you are getting the battery that matches your model as both use a different battery.

i am also having the same problem, how can we fix this problem?

Try a new battery, after I swapped batteries, it started and ran just fine. Make sure the new battery matches your model because they use a different battery in each model.

Most Helpful Answer

I had this problem. I called the nabi support line and they will tell you how to reboot the system. Once you reboot it to factory settings you will have to download all of the games again. Unfortunately, this is the only way to get it unstuck! I have two nabi's (one for each of my sons) and I had to do it for the other nabi a couple of weeks after the first one. I googled how to reset the nabi and there should be a youtube video that walks you through it!

https://www.nabitablet.com/support/produ...

This is the link to the nabi website with the instructions on how to do the reset

I am using the dmtab-in08a model. I have done the factory reset a couple of times and no luck fixing the issue. I do believe that it is a software issue however. While it is in droidboot mode, it seems to be fine, as in, it does not shut down. Shutting down only occurs when trying to use the tablet as normal. When I do put it into droidboot mode, I receive the following message:

E:Installer device ignored

FASTBOOT INIT...

E:Failed to mount device 'dev/block/sda1' as installer partition using fs_type 'vfat'

FASTBOOT CMD WAITING...

E:installer device ignored

E:installer device ignored

E:No valid installer medium found.

Could not open /sys/devices/virtual/backlight

I am having this exact problem with the same message. Were you ever able to solve this?

We received two dreamtabs for the holidays. One worked and one perpetually tried to load. We tried factory reset but it hadn't ever been set up anyway. We had to return it. The replacement had the same issue. I returned it and bought one from another retailer (first two were from best buy last was from Amazon). That one worked. It's now been a few months and their both still working. If factory reset isn't working then my recommendation is replace it if you can.

This souns like its either a motherboard issue, battery issue or just a software issue. If its a motherboard issue, then you cant fix it. If its the battery, you can check with the company and see if its still under the warranty, or see how much they would charge to put a new one in it. But before you do all that, try doing a hard reset on the tablet. Make sure the tablet it fully powered down, Press and hold the power up key, and the Power key at the same time. Wait for the recovery mode to show up in the corner. These are just general hard reset instructions, its possible it might not work for this particular tablet. If it doesnt work, then google the nabi dream tab hard reset. and look for a button combination. Hope this was helpful for you.

I reset it and after it the reboot does not happer the tablet shuts down on by its self

So you did the whole reset process, and now it just stuck. Try a couple more times, just to be sure, and if it still does the same thing, like i said before it could be your logic board. Contact Nabi and see if you can send it in. That would be your best bet at this point.

my nabi dream tab is stuck on the come screen and not unlocking

You will have to hard reset it a couple times till it starts to get pass the loading screen. However you have to do this part fast.

jackie will be eternally grateful.