Mid 2010 Model A1278 / 2.4 or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Unwanted mac hard drive partition

Hi my Mac hard drive has an unwanted partition that I can't delete. The Macintosh HD partition is 71.3GB. Theres an untitled partition hogging 178GB. Total of 250.06GB. I tried erasing the untitled one and then using the "-" to remove it but I won't let me or give the option to. How do I give back the entire hard drive back to the Macintosh HD partition?

Use another Mac and put yours into Target Mode. Then use the Disk Utilities on the other Mac to reformat and partition the drive. Make sure it is GUID and Mac OS X extended. You can the install a system from the other Mac or disconnect it and do an internet install.

Connect the two computers with a FireWire or Thunderbolt cable. Start up the computer to be used as a disk in target disk mode: If the computer is off, start it up while holding down the T key. If the computer is on, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Startup Disk, and then click Target Disk Mode.

cool this method work well for me.......thanks for this also check out this method to make partition

CAB will be eternally grateful.