Why is my phone over heating and screen doesn't come on

Good afternoon to everyone,

A couple of days ago my iphone was ok then i think someone stepped on it and when i picked it up there was lines going all over the screen and like hours went by i tried to cut my phone off then back on then it showef black and red lines and i couldn't see the screen at all then i dropped it a couple times walking and when it cut back on the screen waa completely black i could tell it was still on because my screen was cracked at the bottom and i could see light now when i try to activate the phone with the charger it gets really hot and nothing happens.

It sounds like you have 2 separate problems: a broken screen and something causing the heat. My first guess would be a ruptured battery if someone stepped on it. There is a chance that one of the components of the charging system was damaged, but my experience tells me to start with the battery.

A 5S screen swap is very simple and iFixit has great guides on how to do that. While you are in there, I'd swap out the battery. The battery takes about a minute to swap out and its worth trying.

A word of caution: A ruptured battery can spit out harmful chemicals and sometimes flames. I would not turn the phone on again until I had inspected the battery. Search youtube for "lipo battery fire" and you will see why its so serious.

Tyrell murray will be eternally grateful.