Short circuit in iPhone charger

The sequence of events: Came home with a dead phone, see two new chargers on the table (brother got from Aliexpress),and quickly putit to charge. I left phone to charge. After aprox. 2 hours of charging I took phone in hands and see that it charged to 100% and in the mean time I pressed home button and something happened in the wall socket where it was plugged in. It sparked and smoked a bit, so I quickly put the cord out.

It looked like everything is normal, but since then my phone is not charging, because it always shows '' This ACCESSIORIES may not be supported '.

That charger was unfortunately fake, but even if I use my original it shows the same.

Now it can be charged only when it is switched off and battery empty very quickly.

But it is recognized in itunes normally.

I changed the battery, restored it, clean up dock connector, tried restart it, etc. etc.

The phone is no longer under warranty.

Does anyone have any idea what could I do?

Thank you to everyone who could help me,

Andraz

I will try and report how things will go. Thanks for help

Most Helpful Answer

I guess you could try replacing the dock connector and try using a quality phone wall charger and lightning cable.

If replacing the dockConnector doesn't help, it is likely a problem with the charging circuit on the logicboard. You will need a real professional to replace therevalent chips.

Andraz Reich Pogladic will be eternally grateful.