A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Why does my PS4 overheat & turn off after opening any game?

My PS4 is turning off immediately after I open up any game, disc-based or not. The PS4 first gives an on-screen warning that the PS4 is overheating, shortly followed by the light bar on the PS4 flashing a red color, 3 beeps, then a black screen. It does not, however, immediately turn off when I am on the main screen, only when I open up a game. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? (Additional information: it's the optical drive/HDD area which is overheating, and every time I turn the PS4 back on, it searches the HDD in the same fashion as though I installed a new one, and comes up with the error message that the PS4 what not shut down properly.)

Thanks in advance!

The PS4 Pro was just discharged a couple of weeks prior and a few issues have as of now been accounted for, particularly the clamor its fan is making. Despite the fact that a similar issue

http://www.todaysblog.net/2016/11/playst...

There are several things to check...first of all check to make sure that there is air being blown out of the PS4. If you don't feel any air being blown out then you may have a bad fan. This problem is getting more common as PS4's age. This is by far the most common cause of the type of problem you are having.

There are several other things that could be causing it as well. It's possible (especially if your console is getting older) that you need to replace the thermal paste and give the heat sink a good cleaning. This is a fairly common cause of PS4's overheating as well.

Lastly, I've seen some PS4's that actually overheat because of faulty solder joints between the APU and motherboard.

I hope this helps and just let me know if you have any further questions.

Is there any way that I can clean out or replace my fan without voiding my warranty?

Unfortunately no, but if it's still under warranty I'd be taking it back today.

thanks for the info @tronicsfix , I'll be redeeming the warranty as soon as possible :)

No problem! Hopefully you get a better one this time!

Playstation support never sent me a box to ship my ps4 in, so now my warranty is officially over, which means that i'll have to either find someone who CAN fix it, or fix it myself, but i'm not very confident (as this would be my first repair).

Your PS3 beeps 3 times when it's turning on? It then freezes black and flashes the red power light? Many PS3 players complain about this problem, though Sony seems to be denying the existence of it. In this article, we are going to talk about the causes of PS3 3 beeps, and how to solve this problem quickly and effectively.

99.9% of the time, PS3 beeping is a heat sync problem. It means your CPU and GPU are overheated for long hours of work, poor ventilation of the console, or other reasons. The excess level of heat causes loosening the CPU and GPU. Therefore your CPU and GPU need to be re-seated.

However, before you do anything to fix PS3 three beeps, you should first try the following basic steps. Because there are chances you can easily fix this problem by them. Please Do Try.

1. Turn off the PS3 for more than twenty minutes, and then boot it up.

2. Unplug all cables, and plug them back in. Make sure they are connected correctly and firmly at both ends.

3. If that didn't work, then try to take out the hard-drive, and put it back in. Chances are this will not fix the problem but about 1% of the time it will due to the HD being connected securely.

For the most part, your PS3 still beeps 3 times after these efforts. That means you have to re-seat the CPU and GPU to fix the problem. In this case, I do recommend that you send your console to Sony repair service center, if your PS3 is still under warranty.

But for those whose console is out of warranty, I suggest they fix PS3 beeps by themselves, under the guide of professional repair manual, of course. Because if the warranty expires, one should pay $150 plus tax to Sony for repair the console, and wait 4-6 weeks for the return of PS3. What if the issue persist after all the payment and long-time of waiting?

Therefore, it is wiser to choose a cheaper and quick way to fix PS3 3 beeps. This is to follow a PS3 repair Guide and fix the PS3 beeping problem by yourself. Just for your reference, there is a reputable PS3 repair guide -- Rob Sheffield's PS3 Lights Fix Guide. It is famous on the Internet and proven workable to fix most of the problem of PS3, including PS3 3 beeps.

Article Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Truth-Behi...

@jbrennan51 the OP is having issues with the PS4 not the PS3 ;-)

Ok back to the drawing board. Looking up info on the PS4

poo

ha lol ur still here

poo

why the !&&* r u still reading??

Cheese Schneider will be eternally grateful.