A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Why does my PS4 overheat & turn off after opening any game?

My PS4 is turning off immediately after I open up any game, disc-based or not. The PS4 first gives an on-screen warning that the PS4 is overheating, shortly followed by the light bar on the PS4 flashing a red color, 3 beeps, then a black screen. It does not, however, immediately turn off when I am on the main screen, only when I open up a game. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? (Additional information: it's the optical drive/HDD area which is overheating, and every time I turn the PS4 back on, it searches the HDD in the same fashion as though I installed a new one, and comes up with the error message that the PS4 what not shut down properly.)

Thanks in advance!

The PS4 Pro was just discharged a couple of weeks prior and a few issues have as of now been accounted for, particularly the clamor its fan is making. Despite the fact that a similar issue

http://www.todaysblog.net/2016/11/playst...

I'm having the same problem and I just bought my Ps4 about 2 weeks ago from GameStop. It seems to overheat without any warnings and just turns off and won't turn back on until it cools down..

My ps4 is a first gen 1000 but it doesn't flash red it just beeps then turns off when i open any games

Had my PS4 since release date and It never has overheated once

just do some new cool pasta in the proccesor :P

There are several things to check...first of all check to make sure that there is air being blown out of the PS4. If you don't feel any air being blown out then you may have a bad fan. This problem is getting more common as PS4's age. This is by far the most common cause of the type of problem you are having.

There are several other things that could be causing it as well. It's possible (especially if your console is getting older) that you need to replace the thermal paste and give the heat sink a good cleaning. This is a fairly common cause of PS4's overheating as well.

Lastly, I've seen some PS4's that actually overheat because of faulty solder joints between the APU and motherboard.

I hope this helps and just let me know if you have any further questions.

Is there any way that I can clean out or replace my fan without voiding my warranty?

Unfortunately no, but if it's still under warranty I'd be taking it back today.

thanks for the info @tronicsfix , I'll be redeeming the warranty as soon as possible :)

No problem! Hopefully you get a better one this time!

Playstation support never sent me a box to ship my ps4 in, so now my warranty is officially over, which means that i'll have to either find someone who CAN fix it, or fix it myself, but i'm not very confident (as this would be my first repair).

Cheese Schneider will be eternally grateful.