iPhone doesn't turn on

I just got an iPhone 5S with a broken screen and home button/front camera missing. I tried turning it on but there's no reaction at all (no sound etc.). I tried removing and reinstalling the battery but it's not working. The battery only had a voltage of about 2.5v, so I ordered a new one but it's still not working. Is the logic board broken or am I doing something wrong?

If the new battery didn't turn on the phone, yes there is something wrong with the logic board. If you have a usb voltage to see the incoming voltage is charging the phone then it's a simple fix could be a defective charging port assembly. or it could be a defect logic board if the charging port assembly is replaced.

After experimenting a little bit iTunes finally recognizes the phone, but I can't access data because I don't have a screen to allow the data access :D

oli, good job with your iPhone all you have to do is purchase a new screen assemble and you should be good to go.

oli will be eternally grateful.