My iPhone 6 is typing and opening apps by itself

my iphone 6 is typing and opening apps by itself. How do i fix this. I just bought it last week.

I restored as manufactures cleaned up the screen

the problem continues

Unbelievable, but I unloaded static energy of my body and the iPhone began to function normally :O

How did you unload the static energy?

I noticed that the screen moved only just arrived finger near without touching, so I figured there was something related to static electricity. I work 24 hours in front of a computer, barely have contact with grass garden .. lol

I do not know if there is a relationship between this, but my iPhone looks new

My 7plus calls types opens app when it's sitting on a table all by itself. Took it to store and they factory restored. Still doing it, got me lost while on a 7 hour trip using Waze added 3 hours to my drive. I thought I was in a Stephen king book. Help!!!

Wow. My iPhone 6S plus did this and now my iPhone 7 plus and could never figure out a solution until reading your comment, Yolanda. Unplugged my phone from the charger while it was doing it (non-apple charger) and it's not doing it anymore! Never would've thought lol thank you!!!

Where did you buy it? If you bought it from Apple or from an official retailer like Carphone warehouse etc. Then you'll have a year warranty and can get it replaced free.

If you bought it second hand, from a third part repair shop or online, then it may still have warranty, unless it is refurbished and has been repaired elsewhere.

If this is the case, it may be the screen that needs replacing to solve your issue.

Either way, wherever you got it, it's best to return it and get a refund or a replacement device. :-)

You do not believe, but I unloaded static energy of my body and the iPhone began to function normally :O

unloaded static energy of your body means connect your body to ground line, ie. touch skin with a conducting wire that has been connected to the center of plug box.

This valid only if the home ground line is grounded correctly, ie. connected to ground electrode sunk in ground

I have had my phone for over a year, so I cant just get a new one. And I got it from the apple store. So what do I do, because i can do anything on my phone because it clicks random things all the time

@atho99223355 What phone have you got? Is there any damage?

same here! my iphone just does what it wants and i cant even go on my phone... i have a iphone 6! Any help???

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same issues, screen freezing, opening apps by itself, selecting the screens and typing on it's own. I first suspected aliens and then ghosts and then hackers.

iPhone 6 is weak physically and tend to bend on pressure. And my phone had no case or cover.

I took the phone to apple stores and they said sensors need to be replaced and possibly screen replacement as well. My phone is just 17 months old.

Here is what I did two days ago and since then it is working like a charm..

Hold the phone in portrait (as if watching a movie). Twist it very very gently. do it few times.Rest the phone for 10 mins (put it on a flat surface). You can now notice those self typing things gone and screen getting stabilized.

Then, reset the hardware (hold the power and home button till the screen goes off and comes back with apple logo). release the buttons when you see this.

Then, connect to your laptop and log in to iTunes and reset your phone completely. (please take a back-up first).

And your phone should be good to use again.

What really happened here for me is that the sensors might have stuck to the screen and with mild twisting, they got disengaged/released.

I posted this in Apple Community and the moderators deleted it, for the best reasons known to them.

Instead of throwing away your phone (or selling cheaply), try this and you could be saving your phone.

Let me know how it goes.

This is known as Touch disease, the touch chips inside the phone are starting to disconnect from the logic board.

With you twisting and bending the phone, you're merely reconnecting the solder balls momentarily to get the connection back.

This won't last, the touch chips will need replacing, or reflowing.

i got this problem on my iphone 6 just today and it really stressed me out,then i started to search the internet for how to fix that ,and nothing work on my iphone till i read your comment and try it on my iphone and it work like a magic,the ghost is gone....thx man @sam7768 and @gedo1992 for your great solution and explanation.

Thank you. This issue got really bad until I tried this solution. Problem gone.

I tried a different charger and the problem went away completely. I then tried it with the old charger and the problem returned.

Worked for me too, by just twisting a bit and restarting. lets see how long it works.

The problem is caused by the low quality screen, you need to replace it, if you don't have experience replace the display:

iPhone 6 Screen / Glass Replacement

Hey.

Just had this problem now. As it turns out, you just need to plug in your phone. I use a case and when I took it off I noticed that there was a lot of dust and dirt around the areas that the case didn't cover. I shined a light in my ports and noticed they were filled with dust. Tomorrow I plan on using pressurized air to clean it out and the problem should be solved. If you plug in your phone and unplug it and it stops the issue, I recommend cleaning your phone thoroughly.

This works for me. THANK YOU

I just turned it off, and turned it back on.

I've done that over and over and over (and over and over...) and occasionally it works, but not for long.

It was the charging cord! I bought a gas station braided cord and it was the culprit. Once I plugged my OEM cord into the phone the GHOSTS went away.

My problem has not gone away completely but its better now i changed my charger and turned off prediction ....,,,now it rarely happens

I tried all of the above. I then turned off my home cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol 90%. Then I baked it in my oven on warm for an hour and a half over foil. Took it out and set it cool completely on the glass top stove. Then I turned on and it worked.

i had the similar prob

i took cleaning solution, like alcohol and cleaned the phone screen

# then i took a tooth pick and clean the micro gap between the metallic body and the glass screen.

# all these steps were done after i switched my phone.

# better way try to attach tissue paper in front of pointed tooth pick tip and dip in the cleaning solution then clean the gap between,,,

HOPE GUYS U SUCCEED

switch off the phone first .....guys sorry

I simply changed the power supply and problem was gone. The block that plugs in the wall not the sub cord. The cord was fine but not the block.

Someone ask! I purchased my iPhone 6s Plus for 1000 from at&t. Before I touched it, I purchased a otter defender case. I read where at&t said touch desease was due to dropping! Bullshit!! I am 56 I have never dropped it!! Looks brand new! Never dropped or abused any way! I have my original charger. I am going to clean it and try everyone’s advice. It really sucks! I had 40,000,000 on my heart of Vegas slots! I play every day. I would be spinning and my fingers were no where max buttons and it would light up and switch to max. It did it 3 times before I caught it light up by its self. It sucks. Hope I can fix it!!!!

iPhone 6S Plus does not get touch disease, as the touch chips are on the screen, if you’re having touch issues, the screen needs replacing.

Wrong just fixed mine reset

I think at& t should man up and fix your phone for free! You pay a lot for a Apple they should back it. I did the next 30 month payments and finally have it paid off in June. My iPad sept. Looking forward to a almost 100 drop in my phone bill! Now this crap!!! Really

I've same issue that I just get resolved. I first tried to restore it from iCloud back, however it was not a software issue or any virus issue, so after restore same problem continues. Then I get my phone to local area iphone repairing lab, and they detected that it is an LCD issue. LCD get out of order without any reason (It was neither hit or nor slipped, but LCD get out of order all and sudden, while using it) it started opening things at random. I get LCD replaced with new one, that cost me $80.00 in total ($70.00 LCD charges + $10.00 as labor charges to fix it). iPhone is back to perfect mode now. It was iphone 6s. Thanks.

I have an issue with my iPhone X and I tried all the given solutions yet it keeps repeating the same issue and am worried.

My iphone X screen is keeps pressing buttoms on its own and at times revisit the page that i have already opened without me issuing a command

No answer, but same problem with iPhone 6 plus--random, self-generated jumping amongst apps and typing on its own--plus freezing regularly (aha--maybe that's what the "plus" in "6 plus" refers to?). An Apple Genius recommended upgrading to iOS 11.3.1 from 11.2.2, to see if that fixed the trouble. If it didn't, Apple will sell me a new phone for $168! Of couese the OS upgrade didn't fix the problem. Thanks for helping me figure out that it's most likely a hardware problem--which the "genius" probably knows too.

I'm getting ready to go Android.

If your phone is JailBroken, suggest downloading a virus. While all my symptoms were similar, there was indeed a virus/malware on the phone which allowed for remote control of my iphone (even while in lock mode). My mistake for buying a third party iphone i suppose. Anyway i have since had the phone restored to factory and everything is working as expected for now. I will of course keep you posted if this changes. Thanks to all for the helpful posts, really helped me narrow a few things down.

I was having the same issue with my 6 plus, I took it to a repair shop, they opened the phone, disconnected the three ribbons the screen has, blew up and cleaned the connectors and connected the screen again and it solved the issue… it’s hardware, not software.

Jeferson Borges will be eternally grateful.