My iPhone 6 is typing and opening apps by itself

my iphone 6 is typing and opening apps by itself. How do i fix this. I just bought it last week.

I restored as manufactures cleaned up the screen

the problem continues

Unbelievable, but I unloaded static energy of my body and the iPhone began to function normally :O

How did you unload the static energy?

I noticed that the screen moved only just arrived finger near without touching, so I figured there was something related to static electricity. I work 24 hours in front of a computer, barely have contact with grass garden .. lol

I do not know if there is a relationship between this, but my iPhone looks new

My 7plus calls types opens app when it's sitting on a table all by itself. Took it to store and they factory restored. Still doing it, got me lost while on a 7 hour trip using Waze added 3 hours to my drive. I thought I was in a Stephen king book. Help!!!

Use only the apple charging cable, that cured my typing, calling phantom, completely!!!!!!!

Where did you buy it? If you bought it from Apple or from an official retailer like Carphone warehouse etc. Then you'll have a year warranty and can get it replaced free.

If you bought it second hand, from a third part repair shop or online, then it may still have warranty, unless it is refurbished and has been repaired elsewhere.

If this is the case, it may be the screen that needs replacing to solve your issue.

Either way, wherever you got it, it's best to return it and get a refund or a replacement device. :-)

You do not believe, but I unloaded static energy of my body and the iPhone began to function normally :O

How did u unload this static energy please ?

unloaded static energy of your body means connect your body to ground line, ie. touch skin with a conducting wire that has been connected to the center of plug box.

This valid only if the home ground line is grounded correctly, ie. connected to ground electrode sunk in ground

Most Helpful Answer

I had the same issues, screen freezing, opening apps by itself, selecting the screens and typing on it's own. I first suspected aliens and then ghosts and then hackers.

iPhone 6 is weak physically and tend to bend on pressure. And my phone had no case or cover.

I took the phone to apple stores and they said sensors need to be replaced and possibly screen replacement as well. My phone is just 17 months old.

Here is what I did two days ago and since then it is working like a charm..

Hold the phone in portrait (as if watching a movie). Twist it very very gently. do it few times.Rest the phone for 10 mins (put it on a flat surface). You can now notice those self typing things gone and screen getting stabilized.

Then, reset the hardware (hold the power and home button till the screen goes off and comes back with apple logo). release the buttons when you see this.

Then, connect to your laptop and log in to iTunes and reset your phone completely. (please take a back-up first).

And your phone should be good to use again.

What really happened here for me is that the sensors might have stuck to the screen and with mild twisting, they got disengaged/released.

I posted this in Apple Community and the moderators deleted it, for the best reasons known to them.

Instead of throwing away your phone (or selling cheaply), try this and you could be saving your phone.

Let me know how it goes.

This is known as Touch disease, the touch chips inside the phone are starting to disconnect from the logic board.

With you twisting and bending the phone, you're merely reconnecting the solder balls momentarily to get the connection back.

This won't last, the touch chips will need replacing, or reflowing.

i got this problem on my iphone 6 just today and it really stressed me out,then i started to search the internet for how to fix that ,and nothing work on my iphone till i read your comment and try it on my iphone and it work like a magic,the ghost is gone....thx man @sam7768 and @gedo1992 for your great solution and explanation.

Thank you. This issue got really bad until I tried this solution. Problem gone.

I tried a different charger and the problem went away completely. I then tried it with the old charger and the problem returned.

Worked for me too, by just twisting a bit and restarting. lets see how long it works.

I just turned it off, and turned it back on.

It was the charging cord! I bought a gas station braided cord and it was the culprit. Once I plugged my OEM cord into the phone the GHOSTS went away.

Mine still doing it ..,nothing can fix it at moment , can some help me, I am frustrated ..

thanks

I have the same problem

My problem has not gone away completely but its better now i changed my charger and turned off prediction ....,,,now it rarely happens

I tried all of the above. I then turned off my home cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol 90%. Then I baked it in my oven on warm for an hour and a half over foil. Took it out and set it cool completely on the glass top stove. Then I turned on and it worked.

Jeferson Borges will be eternally grateful.