The second generation HTC One—dubbed the HTC One (M8)—features a dual flash and the new Sense 6 UI, and was released March 25, 2014.

Rear camera's and flashlight not working

At first the camera app would just shut down, so of course I restarted the phone. Then the camera app was working but it was fixed in selfie mode. I was not able to use the rear camera or the flash light. The rest of the phone is working just fine but I can't access the rear camera of the phone in apps either.

When I press the four circle icon the the camera app, it allows me to choose between the selfie cam (This one is selected) and adding a camera. When I choose to add a camera I get the option to add photo booth.

I already tried to restore the default camera setting but it didn't help.

same problem here!!

please help!

i am going to order a new camera and replace it than let s see what happens.

Same problem please help me

restart your camera and immediately open cam, it will work, htc having overheating issue in 816 desire too

It is a hardware issue with the camera itself. Its a very easy repair to do. Order a replacement camera and you should be able to swap it in a matter of minutes. Because iFixit rocks, there is already a very detailed thread on this:

How to Replace Rear Camera Module?

Sir I have a same prblm flash and rear camera nt working how can get back my camera help me

Frank Vlaar will be eternally grateful.