iPhone 5S bricked after battery replacement

I went to replace a battery on an iPhone 5S, it obviously should have been a simple replacement but i went to reassemble the phone and it was dead. I have replaced every component to find the issue, the lock button flex, charging cables, screen, different batteries... no avail. I believe it is a logic board issue but I have no idea which part or how to fix it.

Is there something that a faulty battery or battery replacement could do to brick a 5S?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try the original battery again.

I tried the original battery and a battery from another 5S - neither did anything. The phone remained non-responsive to anything - not recognised when plugged into my Macbook either

Look closely at the logic board for missing components, had an iPhone 5c a while ago that was missing a tiny resistor and wouldn't show anything on the screen.

If I look carefully enough, should it be fairly obvious if there is a part missing? Will I need to take off some of those component shields?

i just had the same problem. replaced battery and device bricked. went back to original and can't keep it work again. when i try to turn it on, screen is black, but iTunes recognize it (it asking to unlock the device password, but i can't do it)

Yeah, see unfortunately the iPhone isn't even recognised when plugged in

Check the LCD connections. I usually don't remove the screen when doing a replacement.

It's not unfathomable that a third party battery could damage a motherboard.

Why not try removing the board and placing in another 5s that you know works? It's the quickest way to eliminate other possibilities? Good luck

I've done this, tried a new iPhone 5S housing which had components in. I think it must be a logic board issue, are there places that fix things like this?

No good news unfortunately... There are people / companies out there that will repair iPhone motherboards, but as you can't pinpoint the fault it could be an expensive experiment. Personally I'd probably sell the phone for spares and look at getting another one :(

Max Shepley will be eternally grateful.