The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is a cellular smartphone that was released in October 2014. The Galaxy Note 4 Model Number is SM-N910, SM-N910A, SM-N910T, SM-N910V, or SM-N910R4 for American variants.

My phone keeps turning off

My phone turned off by itself and then didn't turn back on. I removed the battery and let it sit for a while and then put it back on and still didn't turn on. After morr than one hour and half it turned on but later in thr night it did the same. Then I did a Reset using Recovery Booting. The next day it turned off again but after 10 minutes Iit turned on back and now it did the same and doesn't turn on. It turns of till I see the Samsung logo and then it turns off and on again just to see the Samsung logo. And when it worked after I did the reset I went to the software upgrade and it said that my opersting system has been modificated in an unauthorizate way. Does anyone knows what the problem might be?

Most Helpful Answer

hi go to google play store and download wake lock this will stop the cpu going to sleep i hope this helps.

Thank you, my son just bought this phone off of Kijji. The phone kept shutting off every four hours. of course this happened after paying the guy. Even during a call it would power off. Brought it to a cell repair shop. They told me the mother board was fried and it was time to buy a new phone. Told my son to try your recommendation. It has been a week and the phone works like a charm. Once again thank you,

I've been having the same problems. Just keep it charging at all times or have the screen off.

I have the same problem and now i keep my phone on battery save mode to avoid this problem and its working

Did someone resolved this problem replacing the battery? I have another issue. The Note 4 with Touchwiz restartes suddently. But with Google Now its shuts off sometime while in my pocket, not while using. I can play, do what ever i wannt and then when its blocked, this happen. Then i doesnt turn on. Took the battery out, in, power button...nothing. For a while, then 20 minutos after, back from the grave. Im in a loop since then.

My feeling:

I have a hardware problem. And im in a 80% that the battery is not involved.

The note 4 is strangely sensitive to the battery. You cannot just use any battery. It needs to be new and high quality. I have an old real battery causing the phone to restart at 18% for no reason, and it would restart in a loop until I pulled out the battery.

This battery fixed my problem:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0193X...

The note 4 is strangely sensitive to the battery. You cannot just use any battery. It needs to be new and high quality. I have an old real battery causing the phone to restart at 18% for no reason, and it would restart in a loop until I pulled out the battery. Note that even though it may say "Samsung" on the battery, it may not be a real one. You can tell most fakes by trying to use NFC. The NFC antenna is inside the battery, and most knock off batteries are low quality and do not include the NFC antenna.

This battery fixed my problem:

Why did you just copy someone else's answer? And you did it on an old post.

Replace the battery that should fix it.

Score -1

I did. I actually bought a new one a couple of months ago and I tried with both of them. Same result. It doesn't work

My phone would shut off unexpectedly and frequently. I took a small piece of paper and wedge it I to the battery compartment to give it a tighter fit............for the first time, it has not shut down. It's been almost 24 hours and I've had no problems. All praise belong to God.

Try taking the battery out and holding the power button down for 20 seconds or so and then try to turn it back on. Have you tried to power it on without the battery in but plugged into the charger?

Score -1

I did the 20 seconds thing. Now it turned on but after a while it would turn off and then on again. I'll go tomorrow to the store that I bought it from. Maybe this new battery has a problem

Melek will be eternally grateful.