Announced in March 2015, and released April 10, 2015, the Galaxy S6 is the next flagship in the Galaxy line. The curved screen version is known as the Galaxy S6 Edge.

My phone is not charging

I have a few questions. my S6 charges on my computer but not from my charging port. do you know what the issue could be?

Most Helpful Answer

issues could be,

1) Charger is dead

2) Charger is not providing sufficient current to charge your phone hence PM IC stop charging the battery.

3) Charger output voltage is less than 4.3V. PM IC stop charging the battery.

4) Data cable is faulty or high resistance on power lines : change the cable and check whether it's starting to charge the battery

5) PM IC is faulty : PM IC designed to identity the power source & act on it. modern PM ICs are capable to enable to charging type (Various type of PWM duty cycles ) like rapid, Trickle charging. if above 4 steps not worked, consider to go for level 3 repair that replacing the PMIC, it required good BGA reworking skills.

Hope this answer help you to troubleshoot your fault

Cheers!

zome3000 will be eternally grateful.