Swapped lightning connector/headphone jack, now no cellular service

so i swapped my slighting connector, headphone jack, and now i dont get a service, but when i plug my old one back in i do

i bought yet another replacement for the lightining connector, same thing still happens, it gets really hot kills the battery and doesn't get a service, so i put the old one back and it works, is it like the home button that is registered for each phone individually?

Today I had that same issue after replacing the dock connector, I no longer had reception. Long story short I believed the dock connector may be bad so I replaced it for another and also replaced the loud speaker assembly. Maybe that didnt need to be replaced but I wanted to replace both antenna parts to be sure.

You can try just replacing just the dock connector part first if you want, I just wanted to save time becasue I wasnt sure which was the culprit. It worked for me in the end.

my bet is the new charging port isn't making proper connection with the antenna. try adjusting the antenna contact.

its weird, cause i have the new one istalled with the screws and the old one hanging out the side of the phone with it being plugged it, and i get a carrier

sounds like the new part has a bad antenna

Make sure the u.fl connector is connected properly. They are VERY tiny.

John Price will be eternally grateful.