How to recover my data from iPhone 6s?

Hi, I accidentally dropped my iPhone 6s onto the ground and now the screen is scattered and unresponsive. There are some important data including contacts that I desperately want to recover on my iPhone. Is there a way to retrieve the data on my iPhone?

Hi Cass, you can recover your data on your iPhone. Here are two ways at your disposal:

1.If you have a backup in iTunes or iCloud, you can restore the data from the iTunes/iCloud backup. However, the backup will replace the data on your iPhone and the new data generated since you last sync will be wiped.

2.If you don’t have a backup. You can use Jihosoft iPhone Data Recovery. I have tried it after I smashed my iPhone 6 accidentally last month. It helped recover all my data from the smashed iPhone. And It allows you to retrieve data from your device directly or from iTunes backup. They have both Window version and Mac Version.

Thank you Arlene. I don't have a backup. I think I must recover directly from my iPhone. I am using a Mac, so i should download the mac version?

Yes, you're welcomed.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Cass,

Does your phone sync to iTunes when you plug it into your laptop? If it does, then you can do a backup for you to move onto another device potentially.

Cheers, Chris

Sometimes you might deliberately or accidentally delete data from your iPhone or iPad, but you need the file now. You might think that this is impossible to get the file in this condition. But the fact is, you can restore your deleted data from iCloud.com. iCloud gives you the opportunity to restore that deleted data from the iCloud data in between 30 days of deletion. From this service, you can retrieve all of your files including photos, videos, contacts, calendars and reminders etc. In this part, we’ll discuss, how you can recover lost data from iPhone using iCloud.com.

Step 1: Firstly, launch any web browser, go to iCloud.com website. And you’ll be asked to enter your Apple ID and password for the authentication.

Step 2: Now click on "Settings" on the main window.

Step 3: You can find "Advanced" tab at the bottom left corner. Here, tap on "Restore Files".

Step 4: Here, select the files you want to restore by unchecking the rest files you don’t require. Alternatively, tap "Select All" if you want to restore all the file types.

Step 5: Now click on "Restore" and the restoring process will be started.

Restoring from the iCloud website is great and can be done anytime. But you can always use the FORecovery iPhone Data Recovery tool for a much easier and hassle free way. This toolkit is very helpful and can restore data selectively as well. iPhone data recovery is the one stop solution for all your backup and restoration problems. Also, this tool supported latest iOS 11.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY "RECOVERY SOFTEARE" RECOMMENDED BY ANYONE FROM ANYWHERE. THEY ARE ALL LOWLIFE SCAMMERS.

If the phone has been synced with iTunes, you can sync it again at anytime, since the PC has the backup keybag for the instance of iOS on your phone, so you can load any data. If you have iCloud enabled, the contacts are already synced with iCloud, and your data contents are backed up daily over wifi when you plug in to charge. So you can just buy a new phone and download them back.

If you don't have any of the backups mentioned above, you WILL need to repair your phone to load data from it. Usually this involves replacing the display and if necessary, reballing and replacing the touch ICs.

Any recovery software is worse than useless in this situation.

Cass will be eternally grateful.