Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

HDMI connection

Is there any way to add a HDMI outlet to my Mac Book pro? Currently I have to hook up an audio cable and a video cable when connecting to my TV. It would be nice to have just one connection and wouldn't that also give a higher quality picture?

All you need is this

No. You would have to drill a hole in your case for the connection and then find room in your laptop for the hardware. The only thing that I can suggest is to use the mini display port and a converter to get the closest quality picture to HD.

The mini display port adapter is all well and good, but only if you have a unibody MacBook. If you have an original MBP, you can get a simple DVI to HDMI adapter. However, you won't be able to send audio out through that.

Here's a DVI to HDMI cable that should work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DVI-HDMI-DIGITAL...

Tim Machgan will be eternally grateful.