The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, model A1502, features fifth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and introduces the Force Touch trackpad.

SSD to HDD possible?

Hi. I have recently encountered Hard Drive damage on my 2015 MacBook Pro and I plan to replace the SSD when possible at a later date. For now, to keep my machine running for work, is it possible for me to temporarily replace the SSD with an HDD from my older Mac that is not damaged? And if so is there a tutorial? Thanks in advance.

Ok then. Thank you for your help

The only way to do this is to use an external USB adapter and your 2,5" hard drive or an external HD enclosure.

I would add a Thunderbolt case would be faster ;-}

I haven't used one of those yet. Any you recommend?

We've been using a few of these: OWC ThunderBay 4 mini. In this case I don't think it would make sense here for a single drive. But, the OWC Drive Dock might make sense for you if you do a lot of SATA drive swap outs in the iMac & MacBook Pros which have Thunderbolt interfaces. I have one and its sweet!

I'm still looking for a single drive case haven't found one yet. I did snag a Buffalo unit which I'm thinking on stealing the drive out of so I have an empty case.

I've had two of the drive docks. Worked great for two months. Both have failed so get an extended warranty!

I've used mine at least 30 times, still ticking! Now next week it'll sh_t the bed as you jinks it now ;-}

No, it is a different type of connector and physically much larger size,

Apple uses a custom PCIe blade SSD in their retina series MacBook Pro & MaBook air systems. Your older MacBook uses a 2.5" SATA III laptop drive a very different animal.

Sandesh Manik will be eternally grateful.