iPhone 3GS

Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Question Closed

"No service" after replacing battery

I replaced original with 1600 mAh and lost the aerial signal the next day.

It works when in certain areas only.

I tried reset network and restore of system.

I tried disabling 3G and it would work intermittently.

Any ideas?

How to fix the Iphone 3GS " NO SERVICE"?

I had problems connecting #7 and had to tape it down as it wouldn't lock. I will take a look with a magnifying glass and try to correct the connector.

There is a pointed piece beside #7. Should it come in contact with the metal casing?

I have sporadic service in selected areas of Toronto (such as near Rogers head office).

When i installed the battery, i noticed the "do not remove" paper had been removed and re-attached and the #7 clip didn't reconnect easily.

I have a feeling the phone was reconditioned and not new when received.

tiffanyharville. you asked a question in the answer section of a question that was asked 4 month ago. You question shows up as an answer, if you truly need help , erases this question here and post is as a NEW QUESTION.

by oldturkey03

Make sure that your #7 is connected well. Disconnect it and reconnect it. If that doesn't work try a new antenna.