Model A1502 / 2.4, 2.6, or 2.8 GHz dual-core Intel processor / Released October 2013

Recover Windows 10 password on a mac?

I installed a Windows 10 on my Mac via bootcamp and now I can't login the os because i just forgot the password. There seems many tools available to reset the password on a windows machine. How can I reset the windows password on mac?

Boot your computer into Mac OS X, download the ISO file of PCUnlocker, then open the built-in Disk Utilities to burn the ISO file to CD. Shut down your PC and boot from CD, you can then reset Windows 10 password of any user account. I hope this works.

I am sorry, i only know how to recover a windows password,but i think the mac password is much the same, you may search for "iSeePassword windows password recovery solution" on your favourite search engine. or contact me for more help.

or see it:

http://www.iseepassword.com/reset-window...

thanks for the suggestion.

Most Helpful Answer

The log in password is no different here than a Windows PC. I think you're getting the systems hardware password mixed up with the log in password that is different! You would have been greeted with a locked screen when just turning on your system before the OS (here Mac OS-X) was even loaded up.

No, it's login password. I can't access the windows os because it is password protected.

Yes, I understand. The point was there is two different systems as play here. The hardware lock and the OS (OS-X and/or Windows) lock. You need to get though the first door (hardware) before you can get to the OS door to unlock it.

Unlike a dedicated Widows system you are running a VM of Windows within Mac's OS-X (under BootCamp), which can make things harder. Here is what Microsoft has: What to do if you forget your Windows password

Did you also encrypted the drive and./or the Windows partition which would add another layer of complexity?

No, I don't encrypt the drive.

If you signed in with Microsoft account, then you can reset it easily with the account service offered by Microsoft.

For local account, you can use Windows Password Mate instead to reset the login password.

adempozha will be eternally grateful.