How to diagnose: Front and back camera not working.

Background:

Hi, I bought this phone off the internet and I was aware of the cameras not working, I have no reason why. I would like to investigate it and so I ask where should I start and if there are any common reasons.

Thank you.

Update: No irregularities with ribbon cable. Both cameras show complete blackness.

Most Helpful Answer

Neither of the camera can work? here is the tear down video in case you need it, lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucJDBH3G...

Thank you, I got increasingly frustrated trying to put in the bloody screws. Tiny and magnetic. %#*@. Horrible.

See if the ribbon cables to both cameras are plugged in and not broken

Hello, I did not see a problem with the ribbon cable on the back camera. I do not think this is the issue.

Try running a diagnostics on it with iTunes... And a fresh install of iOS

Shere Khan will be eternally grateful.