The Bose SoundLink Color is a Bluetooth speaker, designed as a more affordable and portable alternative to the SoundLink Mini.

Why won't my speaker connect to my device?

The bluetooth on my device is on, but it is having trouble connecting to the speaker. What should I do to fix this?

Bose SoundLink Color Troubleshooting

Cannot pair speaker with Bluetooth® device

Try these steps to resolve your issue:

Make sure your speaker is discoverable. Press Bluetooth until the Bluetooth indicator slowly blinks blue

Make sure Bluetooth is turned ON or enabled on your device

Make sure you select “Bose Color SoundLink” in you device's pairing list and that the connection is confirmed by your device

Your Bluetooth device may be out of range. Try moving it closer to the speaker

If possible, turn off all other nearby Bluetooth devices or disable their Bluetooth functionality

Make sure your Bluetooth device supports the A2DP (stereo Bluetooth) profile

When connecting to a PC or Mac computer, make sure to select the Bose® SoundLink® Color speaker as the audio output device within the audio settings menu of the device. You may need to play an audio track to finalize the connection (see the device manufacturer for detailed instructions)

Try resetting your speaker. For more information, see Restoring your system's factory settings

Check for updated software for your Bluetooth device, or go to owners.Bose.com for updates to the Bose® SoundLink® Color speaker

This is from the official troubleshooting guide

The numerical code I receive on my phone is correct but it won't pair with the Bose because it says the code is incorrect.

Brett Horstketter will be eternally grateful.