The Bose SoundLink Color is a Bluetooth speaker, designed as a more affordable and portable alternative to the SoundLink Mini.

Why won't my speaker connect to my device?

The bluetooth on my device is on, but it is having trouble connecting to the speaker. What should I do to fix this?

Bose SoundLink Color Troubleshooting

Cannot pair speaker with Bluetooth® device

Try these steps to resolve your issue:

Make sure your speaker is discoverable. Press Bluetooth until the Bluetooth indicator slowly blinks blue

Make sure Bluetooth is turned ON or enabled on your device

Make sure you select “Bose Color SoundLink” in you device's pairing list and that the connection is confirmed by your device

Your Bluetooth device may be out of range. Try moving it closer to the speaker

If possible, turn off all other nearby Bluetooth devices or disable their Bluetooth functionality

Make sure your Bluetooth device supports the A2DP (stereo Bluetooth) profile

When connecting to a PC or Mac computer, make sure to select the Bose® SoundLink® Color speaker as the audio output device within the audio settings menu of the device. You may need to play an audio track to finalize the connection (see the device manufacturer for detailed instructions)

Try resetting your speaker. For more information, see Restoring your system's factory settings

Check for updated software for your Bluetooth device, or go to owners.Bose.com for updates to the Bose® SoundLink® Color speaker

This is from the official troubleshooting guide

The numerical code I receive on my phone is correct but it won't pair with the Bose because it says the code is incorrect.

I just had this same problem with my iPhone. The speaker said it was connected to my phone and my Bluetooth list said connected. The LED light on the speakers keep flashing and the music was still playing from my phone, so it obviously was not connected despite both devices saying it was. I went to my Bluetooth settings and clicked 'forget this device'. The Bose came up again under devices, so I clicked to connect and it fixed the problem. Working just like it should now.

I did all that but it didn't work. At a loss. It suddenly stopped working last night.

Tried all of the above to no avail. Any other suggestions?

I too used to have my iPhone connected, but it stopped recognizing so I "forgot it" and tried to connect again. Now my iPhone sees it but cannot pair to it. Ideas please

Same problem. wWorking solution please.

This worked for me....!To reset the Bose SoundLink Speaker:

On the speaker, press and hold the Mute button for 10-12 seconds or until the LED Indicators Flash

The speaker should now be powered off, now press the Power button to power the speaker back on.

Now, try connecting your Bluetooth device to the Bose SoundLink Wireless Speaker.

Brett Horstketter will be eternally grateful.