The Galaxy S7 Edge is the curved-screen variant of Samsung's 2016 flagship phone, the Galaxy S7. Announced February 2016 and released on March 11. Model SM-G935.

screen lock password for samsung s7 edge

Hi, is there any way i can change the screen lock option on my samsung s7 edge? I want it to ask for my password everytime i lock the phone. Currently right now, my phone will only ask for my password if i lock the phone for over 1 minute. But if i lock my phone for 20-30 sec., and need to use it again, it will not ask for my password and u can access my phone right away. i want to change this to where it ask for my password everytime i lock the phone. Is this possible? Thanks.

Settings-->security and look for Automatically Lock setting and/or power button instantly locks. Set automatic lock to immediately and turn power button lock on.

thanks, that solved the problem i having.

I'm on Samsung Galaxy S7 Active and running Android 7.0 and I was having the same issue. Since I didn't find the "Automatic Lock setting" mentioned before I had to kinda look around and found the option. It is not clear and I really wish they would just make a separate option for this but that's not the case for now.

Settings -> Lock screen and security ->Secure Lock settings -> Secure lock time -> chose option "Instantly with the power key or when the screen times out"

In my mind it makes sense that then it would prompt me to chose how much time until the screen times out but it doesn't. To pick this time you actually have to go to another settings option

settings -> Display ->Screen timeout -> you can pick from 15 sec - 10 minutes

Hope it helps!

I have the same problem but mine doesn't ask me for password or fingerprint no matter how long it has been locked... I did that but it doesn't work. It says "Password, Fingerprints" in the settings but when I go to the LockScreen it says "Swipe to unlock"... any ideas?

OnTheRun will be eternally grateful.