Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

I have 28 inch insigniA with no sound

I have 28 inch insigniA with no sound will external speakers work?

babyeight2000 it will help tremendously if you can tell us what model your TV is.

Hi, You haven't selected the 'mute' option on your remote control have you?

Have you checked the audio settings in your TV and ensured that you haven't turned the TV speakers OFF? Here is a link to the user manual for a 28" Insignia TV (hopefully it is for your model - you do not state what the model number of your TV is). It shows how to adjust (and check) the audio settings.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/565240/...

If the settings indicate that there should be audio coming from the TV and there isn't, connect a pair of headphones to the TV's headphone socket (audio out socket on back of TV) and listen for audio there. If there is it proves that the TV's audio is working and that there is a problem with the speakers. If there isn't then you have a problem with the TV's audio circuitry and connecting external speakers will not solve the problem.

babyeight2000 will be eternally grateful.