Also known as the Moto G3—an Android smartphone released by Motorola in July 2015. It serves as an economical alternative to Motorola's flagship phones. Model XT1540 in the US, with dual-sim and "Turbo Edition" variants sold in other regions.

MY phones ringer is not working.

Phones physical condition is good and there is no damage to phone.

It never fell down , but one day suddenly there is no audio output coming form phone.

while playing music and when some one calls there is no sound.

I have the same problem not sure when it started as I don't get many calls. I've checked everything I can think of and nothing seems to be wrong.

I have been unable to fix this problem with my Moto X 2nd Gen

Most Helpful Answer

It was seems to be mechanical. I don't think I ever dropped it and yet that is what I do to fix it. Lift it 2 or 3" from a hard surface. Drop it flat on the surface on its back and it works fine. Until it doesn't again. Drop it again. Unless you know someone who can take it apart and fix it for real and for cheap. Last resort, replace it.

I can't believe this actually worked! I was searching the internet for a solution and nothing else worked, I figured I had nothing to lose. Thanks for the tip.

Omg... This worked. Thought it was time for a new phone. My wife and i had a great laugh. Lol

So glad I found this post yesterday as my ringtone was gone for over a week. After reading this I remembered that it had slipped out of my hand and fell to the floor during that time frame. Followed your advice last evening, dropped it on the floor twice from about two feet and guess what - the ringtone is back and all is well. Very helpful and thanks.

I have had this problem and probably have for a long time. Wondering why I would not hear it ring. I have gotten messages to check the back cover; if it was loose, maybe dropping it snaps the cover back into place. A possible explanation, anyway. Thanks for posting!

Great tip. I dropped the phone two times from 1 feet and voila the speaker started working again

I had this problem surface when Android upgraded to 6.0 (Marshmellow) The solution is as follows:

1. Press phone icon

2. Press the 3 dot icon in upper right corner of screen

3. Go to "Settings"

4. TTY and Hearing assistance functions need to be "off".

5. The phone should now function perfectly . I have used this fix on a few MOTO G's with success.

Good Luck

Didn't work, My TTY was turned off. However, it did give me somewhere else to look. That's how I came to the conclusion that it is a hardware problem not a software problem.

After that 3 option where are those TTY and hearing assistance functions located please explain me in detail

Many thanks to Mike Rabinowitz! His solution, above, worked for my phone. From "Settings" I opened up "Calls" and found that, while my TTY mode was already off, "Hearing aids - Turn on hearing aid compatability" had the box checked. I removed that, made a test call and the phone rang. Brilliant!

Worked for Moto G3 - many thanks !

Hi, try resetting all app preferences, it solved my issues

Song and call ring not work my moto g3

sir what the solution this problem

I had the problem also. Called for assistance and was told I would need to do a factory reset, which we did but it still did not work. Support person told me the only thing left to do was to get a new phone (wrong). I then looked online for others who had similar problems. Other people with this problem said that they took the back off the phone and pressed and tapped hard on the "M" logo. I have a Moto G 3rd Generation phone. The phone will now ring again.

It worked! Thank you.

Great Its working now. Thank You

Dropping the phone did not work, but this approach did! Thanks. Unfortunately, putting the back on again kills it. Tried 3 times and same results. So phone speaker works now, but only with the back off. Weird.

my phone is not working

My phone's sound function suddenly stopped. Please restore.

I research the internet for a long time and concluded that Basically it's a hardware problem. There is dust in your phone.

It's actually very easy to fix.

1) grab your phone and with the top end of the phone hit a soft surface like a sofa or pillow hard a few times and it will remove the dust from the speaker.

You can open it up and clean it but I wouldn't risk it.

Check your phone sound setting.

and set the ring tone

Try reset app preferences in settings>Apps and select 3dots , it resolved my no ringing sound problem in my Moto g2.

Mahendar gupta will be eternally grateful.