Clutch /brake pedal adjustment LT2000

Need info on my LT2000 Craftsman riding mower. On adjusting the brake/clutch pedal. The tractor will not stop any longer when you push the pedal all the way. It also is having trouble on hills like the belt that drives it is slipping and needs to also be adjusted, or does one adjustment take care of both, Any help greatly appreciated.

Brake pads may be worn-out. Look at the transaxle diagram on Sears partsDirect.com for your model. The brake cable spring should be compressed to 1 1/2" (at rest) to be properly adjusted.

I have the same exact problem, My cable spring is compressed to 1 1/2" (at rest) and it still won't stop when I push the brake, my brake pads are good.

Everytime I put it in gear and hold the brake down it moves. Can this problem be the drive belt?

@anth30 no. the belts do what they are supposed to. Move your mower. your brakes are not doing what they are supposed to which is stoping your mower.

kevin will be eternally grateful.