Model A1001 or A1025 / 667, 800, 867, or 1.0 GHz G4 processor

How to Grab Data from Removed Drive?

The logic board on my 15" Ti Powerbook gave up the ghost. I may or may not get around to attempting this repair. Meantime I went out and got myself a shiny new iMac together with an iPad- it was time for something new and this setup will work well for me... anyway, to the problem - and my question

Is there a way for me to grab my old files etc. from the old hard drive? - if I remove the drive is there a connector or something that I can use to attach to the new mac to read and power the disc?

Any help would be appreciated

Thx in advance

Get yourself a 2.5" IDE laptop drive enclosure, and get the data off that way if you can. This is assuming you never used FireVault, which if you did may mean you are screwed with recovery of the data. I have linked one below. You can also find these on sites like Amazon and eBay.

Firewire ATA Laptop Hard Drive Enclosure

+ ok

thx for your feedback and suggestion... all is well in my world of macs now. my solution was slightly different due to my naivete, it turns out I did not even need to remove the hard disc- I was able to use firewire to my iMac and startup the powerbook as a "target" machine, it works perfectly as an external hard disc even without the logic-board working- and similar to your suggestion... I am going to use the powerbook HD as a (manual) backup disc for the iMac... and then when I get around to it (because I did not cannibalize the machine) maybe I can affect the repair to the powerbook replacing the board at a future stage or if I find one for real cheap, cheap, cheap!

thx again!

rob campbell will be eternally grateful.