In 2012, Sony Entertainment announced that the company would be releasing a new version of its 2006 Playstation 3 console. The new console is call the Playstation 3 Super Slim and is identified by the model number, CECH-4000. The PlayStation 3 Super Slim (CECH400x) is the third version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released October 25, 2012.

Why is my Playstation 3 Super Slim freezing?

My PlayStation 3 Super Slim freezes on the XMB. Is there a way to fix this that does not involve replacing any parts? I am not very comfortable with taking the device apart and would not even know where to start. Any help or suggesting for fixing it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The best way to resolve this issue will be to restore your device. To do this, check out iFixit's troubleshooting page for the PS3 Super Slim. It will guide you through some easy steps to fix this issue without taking your device apart.

I hope this helps!

This could be because the disc is dirty, which means you simply need to clean your disc. If that isn't the issue, it could also be because of damaged file, which would require you to restore the file system (restore file system instructions can be found in the troubleshooting page). If that doesn't work either, it's likely that there's an issue with the laser lens, which would require a lens replacement.

Gabriella Nobili will be eternally grateful.