A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Ps4 turns on using controller only, internal Peripherals won't work.

Hi All, i'm new and i am from Italy. I'm trying to fix my old ps4, a first gen model (chassis A). So, after thermal repaste my ps4 won't start up using capacitive lid sensor (power button) but sometimes i'm able to start it up using the controller ps button. Warranty is obviously voided and I don't want to pay 150$ to replace it because I've already bought the new 1Tb ps4 model. The strange thing is that every internal pheripheal (including capacitive buttons and optical drive) doesn't work. i think it's not a power supply issue... Software Maybe? it seems like the main motherboard runs on her own without communicating with others Hardware pieces! Do you think a Motherboard Reballing Could Help? Thank you!

Either you damaged some components / cables or they are all not plugged in properly. It's also possible that the connector plugs for the ribbon cables are damaged.

The first thing I would do is remove the plastic covers and see if the console will power up using just the copper pad on the motherboard. I would also check the function of the disc drive using the copper pad on the disc drive board.

If all works well then it means that the metal pieces on the case is not touching the copper pad on the motherboard when the plastic case is installed.

I hope this helps.

donnie96 will be eternally grateful.