Repair and disassembly guides for Kenmore Microwaves.

Why is my microwave dead

Is there a fusible link or internal breaker? I shorted my microwave out changing the lightbulb over the range. Now there is no power anywhere on the microwave. The outlet still has power.

Please give us a model number

Model number is 85513

I have a kenmore model 721.80803400 and just replaced the light bulb. It got stuck and broke off. I did not unplug the power and did stupid mistake of tweezers to remove the plug and bang no power. Tried to reset the circuit breakers in the house (main) on and off and then checked the plugs outlet and they work. Tripped the wall and the appliances all work but not the microwave. Is there another switch on the microwave to hit power?

@luker your microwave has a fuse on the inside by the power supply. That's where I'd start. Double check your model number. I would have expected a 3 digits prefix. See if it does show anywhere. Reason why I ask is that Kenmore really does not build microwaves but those are rebranded. Could be made by Samsung as well as many others. Anyhow, fuse should be in the same vicinity as part 5001 in the image.

Thanks for the help. My wife will be happy if I can fix this.

You might need to look at your house power Panel to see if your Microwave has a dedicated circuit breaker to see if is tripped. Or if there is a power plug trip circuit (a little red button) on the power outlet. If that tripped then your Microwave might not be getting power. Press the red button or if it is a circuit breaker reset the power.

The outlet that it is plugged in to still has power so I see no sense checking the hydro panel. Any other ideas of an internal fuse or something of the like.

Luke will be eternally grateful.