touch screen systematically unresponsive after any wake up?

I replaced my iphone 5s screen and afterwards I have this systematic issue. Every time you hit the power/home button to wake it up, the touch screen is unresponsive. Simply pushing the power button twice (sleep then wake back up) results in a fully responsive and functioning touch screen. This occurs basically any time the phone has been asleep for longer than a minute - I haven't systematically figured out the exact time.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on? I have turned the phone off and back on, same issue remains, and it has persisted for the last week.

Thank you for any assistance,

Jake

Most Helpful Answer

Hey jolson1129, disassemble and reassemble the display. Here is the guide for that. Also try a hard reset by holding the power and home buttons together until the screen turns black and the Apple logo shows up. Also if it doesn't work then the display might be faulty and you might have to replace it.

-Let me know if this helps.

iPhone 5s LCD Screen and Digitizer Full Assembly Image

I think it's either a force restart, or its lacking in gigabytes, and just needs more time to think...

Thanks for the responses.

It's not a time thing (as in memory like you suggest), I can wait however long after pressing the button and the touch screen. Also, the issue didn't exist before installing this screen. Hard reset didn't work. I'll disassemble and reassemble, but I don't understand how this could be a connection issue - does anyone have any idea what kind of issue it is? Almost seems like a capacitance issue. Could help to suggest a fix if someone had an idea on the cause.

@jakeo I think the display is faulty. To confirm this, you should reassemble and disassemble it. If the issue still persists then you should replace it.

jolson1129 will be eternally grateful.