People can't hear me unless I put my phone on speaker!

When people call me, and I try to talk, they can't hear me. I would always have to put it on speaker. It's not the headphones trigger problem cuz I can hear music perfectly fine. Also I don't know if this helps but even when I make snapchat videos it doesn't work, just a static sound. HELP ME PLEASEEEEEE!!!

I had just replace my iPhone 5s charging IC on mother board

To get proper charging and then after I just got the same problem of the above

And when I just ask some of the technical person about this problem they say me that there is a problem in microphone filter which is located back of the mother board , I don't try this , and I didn't get that part at Ahmedabad,Gujarat ,India so could I do replace that part with that technical person

Can plz any one give me advice about it

Please help me

Most Helpful Answer

The speaker at the top of the phone may have gotten wet or damaged, this would also make sense that your snap chat sound is not working its from the same speaker. If your still having problems with the speaker after putting a new in then replace the flex cable for the speaker, front camera. You could also try a reset on the phone but I doubt that will fix it but you can try...Do a hard reset. Hold power and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. If this fixes it, great! If not you need those two items!!

Is there anything I can do to the top speaker to fix. Can anything have blocked it?

I thought it would be the lower microphone since the people on the other end can't hear him. When it switches to speaker it also switches to the front mic by the camera.

Yeah sorry thought it was the top speaker that he can't hear others, but it's that people can't hear him. Check the bottom of the phone to make sure there is no dirt of anything blocking the holes. Might have to try a new charging port

@hp13 Check the capacitors I marked. C222, C223, C230, C227. These are all for the lower microphone. They could have been knocked off or damaged during the charging IC replacement. You should be able to see them from the edge of the board with a flashlight and magnifying glass. The board will have to come out in order to check them though. First reseat and then try a new charge flex before pulling the board. You won't have to install it, just lay it on top to test.

I that any part like microphone filter in mother board ?

Because my technical person says me that there is some damage in it so can you please tell me more about it and he also says that this part is not available online but it should be removed from the other older iPhone 5s logic board or mother board so can you please help me what to do josiah crook

I am yogihp .

Yes. C222 and C223 are 0.1 micro farad capacitors which act as microphone filters in this case. This is the part you need, provided your technical person is correct about the microphone filters (there two on this phone) being the problem. Microsoldering skills are needed in order to replace these though. The other capacitors I mentioned earlier are here.

How is it going for you @eliel?

Yay my loudspeakers is working good now until I get that microphone filter I had to take call using that only

Thanks for giving me a great support regarding my problems

Thank you vary much

The simplest fix is change out the mic camera and associated parts attached to the same ribbon £2.49

Eliel Karamoko will be eternally grateful.