The home button is disconnected

The button of my iPhone five has fallen off completely so that it no longer works. How do I get it fixed?

What has happened is that for a while the button was only attached to my phone via a cord of some sort, but today the cord snapped and the home button no longer works. How can I replace the button ribbon? Is it worth it, or should I get a new phone?

The home button doesn't cost much to replace as a whole part with the ribbon cable but you will not have the finger print functionality like the original home button that came with the phone. This is beucase finger print scanner is linked to the board.

Here, try this!

It'll be very cheap to replace the home button.

Michaela Fennell will be eternally grateful.