Model A1174 with 2 GHz Core Duo or Model A1207 with 2.16 or 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo

Always appear spin wheel

Hi iMac friends,

I change the hard drive but unstable if install 10.6.

I change battery, seems o.k. But still sometimes halt.

Then I down grade to 10.5, seems better but spin wheel still appear when upgrade Safari 502 and itunes10... So now I don't know which parts problem or cannot support updated software?

Please help and discuss together....

LL

Some updates take forever

To install, especially the reboot process. If interrupted you can pooch the system, and have to reinstall from scratch.

Use Software update to get the names of the proper packages of updates. You can download the Combo package which does solve problems caused by using the "individualized" updates.

If this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.

Good Luck,

N

Most Helpful Answer

The Spinning wheel can mean your drive is bad. Even if the HD is new, it doesn't mean that it can have many bad blocks out of the box. Try writing Zero's to your drive with the erase option in disk utility, this will re-alocate any bad blocks you have on the drive. Then try to reformat the drive and re-install your OS. If you have Tech Tools Pro 5, you can use that to scan your drive for bad blocks. If you have too many of them, I would return the drive.

Thank you so much this advise, i will try it and let you know result!

LL1010 will be eternally grateful.