Sit-on-top lawn mower. Zero-turn radius mower, 50" mower deck, hydro transmission.

Wont stay running for more then 20 seconds

Mower wont run for more the 20 seconds no matter what i changed new plug,starter,clyinoid,and new kill switch any ideas

Sounds like a fuel issue. Does your mower restart immediately after it stalls? For those 20 seconds the engine actually runs or is it stalling etc.? I'd start with considering a stuck float.

tony alexander, Possibly easy fix. Before applying oldturkey's good suggestions, remove the gas cap and see if engine runs better/longer. If it does this signifies a plugged gas cap vent and is quite common. Dirt and dust can accumulate and eventually plug the vent hole in cap which will restrict fuel flow and can cause engine to quit.

Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Most Helpful Answer

tony alexander this sounds more like a fuel delivery issue. So I'd focus on the carburetor i.e. stuck float or needle valve as well as checking the intake and exhaust valves. The ZTS7500 comes with Kohler as well as Briggs and Stratton engines (should be a 44P777-0130-P1 or 44P777-0130). The Intek™ OHV V-twin utilizes a fixed jet, two barrel, side draft, flo-jet carburetor. Except for idle speed, the carburetor is non-adjustable. The carburetor incorporates a fuel shut off solenoid which controls fuel flow to the fuel metering system. The solenoid is controlled by the ignition switch. Try and see if you can give us your engine make and model so we can get more information about the fuel system.

is a typical diagram for a B&S 44P700 engine carburetor #133 shows the float

tony alexander will be eternally grateful.