A mid-range smartphone from HTC, released November 2014.

Won't turn on - Orange blinking LED

My HTC Desire 820 won't turn on. It was left unused during some time.

When I plugged it with the wall charger, the LED is blinking orange. I let the phone like this for 2-3 hours, unplugged it and try to turn it on, but it didn't work.

I opened the phone, disconnect and reconnect the battery, try to turn it on, nothing. Try to charge it, nothing.

I tested the battery with an multimeter, and it says ~3.9V. On the battery, it is written 3.82V

When I plugged the phone on my PC, a device called QHSUSB_BULK is detected.

i have the same problem too instead it started yesterday by giving me a black screen and vib then i pressed the lock to turn it off then the led charger started to blink while it was off then it tried to open it again and it started then today it was like 90 % i mean the capacity of the charging and i went to get smth then i got bk finding it just turned off and wont start again :(

Hello

yesterday my HTC Desire 820 camera works fine but once he blocked me on faccebook page. he does not want to answer. nor demrrer or anything. and then I look at the HTC website to solve the problem and I press the power button and

+ Volume and turn off my device but it does boot. also when I put the charger .it signed a red lamp remains like this

but it did not work. Tried holding volume button + power button for approx. 2 minutes, nothing happened.

When I plugged the phone to my PC, called QHSUSB_BULK device is detected.

you could help me

Thank you.

Most Helpful Answer

1 year too late but

This may help you:

Hold down "VOLUME PLUS" + "VOLUME MINUS" + "POWER"-Button at the same time for 10 seconds.

This should boot your phone.

Let me know if this helped anyone!!

i have followed the instruction but nothing has happened

I am facing same problem but on of my friend who is repairman of gadgets said that my charging board of htc is damaged.

nothing is happening i have done this many times but phn isnt starting.

Hello there, i had the same problem with my phone ,most of the HTC smartphones have the exact problem of charging and the red light blinking . I took my 820 to the htc service center and they told me that the charging port was damaged and this is a common problem in many devices they gave me a bill of 3000 INR for replacing the port as well as the battery with one month warranty. but if you are low on budget and don't want to spend that much you can get both of them replaced at a local shop for 1500 INR. Battery costs around 700-800 while the port costs around 500-600.Your phone will no longer have any charging issues . believe me its no software problem .

htc desire charging connected red light blink

I have same problem, my mobile is turn off and when it is plugged with charger, the orange light is blinking and do not turn on.

hello,maby this link it true and download xml repair dead boot htc 820n,maybe some guy here wants to try to buy this firmware and give it all to everyone would be of great help to many of as.

here is a link to this site who sells this repair htc 820n xml. unbrick rom; http://www.emmc-files.com/index.php?...t...

i dont know if it trust seller but it good to try,i dont have 10 $ on my credit card to try sorry.

Skaaj will be eternally grateful.