The fourth iteration of the popular 7" Galaxy Tab line of Samsung tablets.

Slow charging and draining of battery whenever restart.

My issue is kind a complicated. Whenever I start charging my Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 (on it's original cable and adapter) it takes 1 or 2 hours to charge 3% or 4%. When the device is 30% charged (by taking 3-4 hours), I used to it turn it off and then power on, so it shows that it is 40% or above charged. If I do ON/OFF again (2nd time), it shows that the battery is 25%, if again ON/OFF (3rd time), it is 20% and sometimes just stay at same %. Please suggest me what to do. Still the back up it is providing in those % is normal as the battery is not draining faster while using.

The things that I have tried:

1) Charging by removing SD Card.

2) Charging by turning the device off.

3) Cleaned the dirt or debris before charging.

4) Factor Reset.

5) Charged on another wall sock.

Please, I request someone to assist me.

If you charge it overnight, do you get the correct amount of usage time the next day? If you do, then the battery, charger and cable are ok. This would indicate that either the app reading the charge level is bad (un-install and re-install) or that the battery is giving the wrong info to the app. If the battery is showing the charge wrong then you would have to replace the battery to fix it or just live with it.

If the usage you get is much shorter then the battery is not charging properly. Borrow a charger for a similar phone and try it. If the same partial charge result then the battery is probably bad.

Rukham Rauf will be eternally grateful.