Launched in spring of 2014, the OnePlus One packs a 5.5" display and runs the Android-based CyanogenMod 12S operating system.

Phone won't turn ON or Charge.

Hey there Ifixit Community, i came to you because i think my phone done a short circuit, it was ON and pluged in an inactive USB port on my PC which i've plugged internaly just after.

Then i noticed that the low battery LED on the OnePlus doesn't blink anymore. First of all i thought about a complete discharge. But no charging LED. I've plugged the phone on the power adapter : No LED. This is when i started to freak out.

I've took appart the phone, removed the battery, mesured the voltage : 3.77 Volts. The battery is normaly 4.35 Volts.

Is it a big gap even if there is always a tolerance ?

Is my battery is dead ? Or something shorten the motherboard ?

I don't want to buy a new battery if this won't solve the issue, and i have no schematics to do a continious testing with my multimeter on the motherboard..

Any help is welcommed. Thanks.

Is changing the battery will solve the charging, and the fact that my phone does not get detected by my PC ?

If anyone got any ideas, like i don't know, a motherboard diagram or something that can help me fix this problem... Otherwise my last thing to do sill be to sell this phone for part and buy a new one. I've seen motherboard on ebay at 200$..

up please, i'm kinda lost right now...

try to replace the battery it will help. I have the same issue i don't know how to solve it so i tear it down so i find out the battery is molded so i 'm replacing now

if any thing is works pls tall me

Most Helpful Answer

Hey Guys !! I had problems starting up my 1+1 phone .First thght it had low charge and thus charged it for whole night .But still my phone will not come up. Finally figured out that if you press the power button + Volume down key for a minutes or so then you get a list of options .you need to select the first option to "reboot the phone"

Thanks. This method works on my phone.

Worked like a charm !!

worked like a charm

Loads of thanks! You saved my ass.

One thing is sure, it's not the USB Connector, bought a new one, changed it, still the same...

Phone charge while off, but when it's ON, I've the logo on the status bar, the LED shows up. But when i go in settings -> Battery, under the graph it says "Not Charging".

I replace the battery but it solved not the problem.

Hi Thomas

i think it is better you can go to a local repaire service guy to identify the root caused: Battery issue/power IC issue/CPU Issue/USB Board.

1. battery issue, it is easy to replace with a battery and fixed it.

2. if it is concern to motherboard, i think it is not easy for you identify it, it maybe need replace with a motherboard.

3. if it is USB Board issue, it will be easy to buy a USB Board.

Jack.

Thomas Dangest will be eternally grateful.