Repair and disassembly guides for Mixers.

Kenmore elite mixer flashing blue light

I have a kenmore elite mixer, model 100.8900890a that does not turn on, just flashes a blue light. I opened up the top cover and dont see any obvious signs of damage. I took the switch out and sprayed some electric cleaner in it , when i plug the switch harness back into the main board, the mixer comes on but will not shut off unless i unplug the power. When i plug it back in, it will not turn on unless i remove the harness again and plug it back into the main board. Any ideas what to do next ? From what i can tell sears does not sell replacement parts for this mixer

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, im past my warranty period, just my luck. It seems like others have had the same issue but i cant seem to find out what is exactly bad, component level wise. Unfortunately i cant buy the whole control board or new switch , thanks sears, but if somebody knows what commonly goes bad on these mixers, i can probably replace the def part.

The following seems to be the standard answer from Sears regarding any issue regarding the abnormal operation or non operation of the mixer i.e. won't start, runs slow, runs fast, beaters have no power etc

...the speed control plate or phase control board is likely defective or the speed control plate is out of adjustment.

As you state, there are no spare parts available for the mixer which may fix your mixer, the only parts listed (shown in this link) obviously have no bearing on your problem.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-pa...

Here is a link to the User guide download for your mixer. In the guide it states that in the USA there is a 5 year warranty on the mixer. Check to see if your warranty period is still valid and if so make a warranty claim for a replacement.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdir...

jose will be eternally grateful.