Hybrid laptop/tablet manufactured by Microsoft. Released October 2015. Model 1703.

Spilled cocacola on surface book. Is it possible to remove keys

Spilled a almost empty glass of coke on the surface book keyboard, managed to clean most of it up. However some seeped between the 'Q' '1' and 'Tab' keys. I disconnected the power and tipped in unit on an angle to get the residual coke remaining out of the hinge. I then proceeded to stick it into rice to get any more coke that may have been in it out.

After 2 days plugged it back in and it works fine, however now about a week after it happened the previously mentioned keys are really sticky. No noticeable difference with any of the other keys, all the ports and track pad still work.

I was wondering if it was possible to remove the keys? If so what type of connector do they use, and in which way to pull them up.

Well today I attempted to remove the stuck keys. I found to get them off you must pry them open starting from the top right moving towards the left side. Then pull the key up towards you and pull down to unclip the plastic tabs from the connector. The key then comes right off. I however can not figure out how to remove the plastic retainer from the board itself.

I plan to when I get time to write a guide on how todo so, people in the future will know.

any chance you could write that guide? have a squeaky spacebar key and keen to do it properly

It is hard to do that based on the very low accessibility, have a look if you're consider to do so: Microsoft Surface Book Teardown

Andrew Waite will be eternally grateful.