Repair information on hard drives or hard disks. Hard drives are magnetic data storage devices. They are used in most desktop, laptop, and server due to their low cost and high data density.

PC hard drive not showing drives after boot

I have a Seagate 1TB Sata II internal HD. It was working good till yesterda. Today suddenly it stopped working. The machine will post and the windows startup screen will be displayed. From there it goes in the loop of restart. I checked in BIOS i can see the HD in bios. I tried to reinstall Windows (7 & XP). But after copying the file the system says cannot find any drives.

What model of computer do you have? There are certain HP (AMD/Nvidia-based) systems which have issues with the motherboard I/O chip overheating and causing problems like this.

Before you begin I suggest you get another SATA cable and use it to attach to another SATA port on your motherboard. That will eliminate a bad cable and bad port out of the mix and help define the problem better. I would suggest downloading Digiwiz MiniPE burning it to disk, this version here has SATA support or do a Google you will find it. If you have important data on the disk, it has good recovery programs on it to help you do so. You are going to want to recover your data before attempting to make this bootable again. It also has a number of other utilities to repair/recover partitions and MBRs. You are going to need another hard drive to move the data you want to save over to it (maybe you can barrow one). You can't write on a disk you are recovering from without risking overwriting data. If you need any help after you get these things done let us know. On boot your system would/should tell you if the drive has a S.M.A.R.T. error, unless you have that shut off in your BIOS. With that in mind I believe you will not need another hard drive.

+ very nice ab

Also XP doesn't have any native SATA drivers. Unless you had your SATA drivers on a floppy and pushed F6 when asked if you had any disk drivers to install and installed them then, XP wouldn't/couldn't find your drive; unless you had a custom XP install disk with your drivers slipstreamed into it (most people besides geeks don't have those).

shakil will be eternally grateful.