Known as the PS2, it is a sixth-generation video game console first released by Sony in Japan in March 2000. The United States saw it later in 2000 with the SCPH-30000. Repair of this device requires only common tools, but can get tricky.

Why doesnt my ps2 allow me to play ps1 games?

I just bought a new ps1 game and for some reason it won't work on my ps2. Any time I try to play any PlayStation 1 game It won't allow me to. I don't think the problem is the games , I think it has to do with my PlayStation 2 , but nothing seems to be wrong with it .

@sabrinag you of course made sure that the games match the region of your PS2. There were issues with the laser and the alignment on the PS2. The PS1 disks are a tad darker so in theory the laser is not strong enough to read through the darker discs from the PS1. You could try to adjust the laser and see if that will work. Take a look on here for that.

I tried to clean and adjust the laser,but nothing seems to work. What else can I do

You could try and see if you can get a new assembly

Sabrina will be eternally grateful.