The Gold Wireless Stereo Headset delivers amazing depth and audio clarity, elevating your gaming experience with custom audio modes created by developers exclusively for PlayStation®.

How to repair hinges of gold headphones

My right ear hinge broke and its now hanging cannot even use it now the sound and everything is working but i want it to be reparied

Most Helpful Answer

Place Backing Soda in the area where the hinge broke. Next add Super Glue into the baking soda. The Baking Soda will absorb into the gue and become a hard substance to act as support. Sand off any extra so its flat and smooth. Next add 2-5 wraps of duct tape(thin) to give extra reinforcement. It cannot fold anymore but won't break or feel off.

Finished result: https://imgur.com/DwTLHhE

This happened to my son there is no way to return to original. What I did was to place as close together were the pieces should be and used alot of black electrical tape to hold them together but it doesn't feel right anymore

If Blue get royal blue hockey stick tape from Amazon or other retailer. Cut strips to run lengthwise with curve and place on inside and outside then wrap crosswise like wrapping a stick or racket. Super secure and decent looking. No fold though. Both my hinges failed.

heres a video of my solution.

https://youtu.be/C2-r2xXu2yA

Look for a product called "FiberFix". You should be able to find it on Amazon or possibly even Walmart locally. It's a repair tape that you wet and apply, as it dries it cures rock hard like a cast. It comes in 1, 2, and 4" wide rolls and it relatively cheap. A two roll pack of the 2 inch stuff is about $10 bucks and can easily repair two sets of headphones (both sides).

There's a product called JB Weld Plastic Weld, that is like a two-part epoxy, except it comes as two play-doh parts instead of liquid, and is designed to bond with plastic. Make sure to get the Plastic Weld, not regular JB Weld. About $7 for a cylinder of it, you'll only need about a quarter of that.

Take a file or very rough sandpaper and rough up the area around the weak hinge, for better bonding. Then set the broken ear of the headset back in place as much as possible. Cut off some of the Plastic Weld, thoroughly blend the two parts by kneading. From this point you have about 9-10 minutes to get it in place. Pack the inside of the hinge with as much Weld as you can press in there, mold the rest over the inside and around the outside of the hinge, making a solid 1-inch band around the hinge. Might as well do the other side too, it's going to break eventually if you don't. Use a straightedge to make the top and bottom of the weld band nice and straight and smooth, make sure that the sides are continuous from inside to outside, one solid band around the hinge.

Put some small object between the earpieces to just barely flex the headset outward. You don't want the earpieces to be bent inward at all as it dries, but you also don't want to put something in there so large that it dislocates the broken earpiece, either. Let it dry completely, according to the directions, I think it's 24-48 hours. When dry, take a Sharpie and color the gray weld band black.

Your hinges are now stronger than any other part of the headset.

I just fixed both hinges and the weak area right above the hinges. I highly recommend using this Loctite Repair Putty. You may not win any style awards but it is easy to use and incredibly strong, and takes less than ten minutes to fix.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BOB8P...

Hot glue that mugg bro! Both my hinges are broken, I went all arts and crafts on those suckas. The worst part of having these headphones is the sour cat !#^& smell they retain after absorbing a little sweat. God forbid, these headphones sound amazing, who would ever want to wear them in this godforsaken Florida heat? Not me, I say...

haider will be eternally grateful.